Now that you are aware of some ways in which conflict can manifest within you, there are ways in which you can now begin to manage. Conflict seems to intimidate many people for various reasons. Some being that they have a feeling of no control, or a lack of ability to influence key players. Whatever your reasons may be there is always a way to move forward.
Simple tips to moving beyond conflict:
– Identify the “players”
– Be open to listening. Having a conversation with someone who is willing to listen is a big step forward.
– Set a time for discussion. I suggest a neutral meeting place.
* Allow more time than not enough (60-90 minutes is usually a great start).
* If the situation is volatile, then 20-30 minutes might be better.
– Don’t get stuck in “right” and “wrong” ways of doing things. Searching for a solution is a more productive use of time.
– Begin the meeting with a purpose. For example: Today the purpose of this meeting is to find a common understanding.
Do you like this article? Do you want to take a deeper dive on some issues? Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a free consultation.