Looking for a job is not all about the technical part of applying for new positions. It’s about your attitude and approach, too. In fact, that may be equally, if not more, important.
If you are approaching a job search with frustration, the likelihood of you finding fun, exciting jobs becomes more and more cumbersome as time passes.
Tips For Being In Sync With Your Job Search
- Go in with an attitude of curiosity.
- Set aside a specific time everyday that is JUST for your job search. No texting, Instant Messaging, Phone calls that are not job related during this time.
- Have fun with seeing possibilities in jobs that you normally wouldn’t consider.
- Sending out your resume is a numbers game. Send out a specific number each week. Make sure you hit that number no matter what. No excuses!
- Networking is still the best way to get a job that fits. Let people know that you are searching and send them your bio (not your resume).
- When you get an interview and you want the job, make sure you ASK FOR THE JOB!